Free Consultations

  1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Family Law
  4.  → Contempt Actions

Hartford Contempt Of Court Lawyer

Final court orders following a divorce should be taken seriously. Anything that is not followed with regard to asset division, support or custody arrangements can result in the filing of a contempt action.

At The O’Neil Law Firm, P.C., we provide strong representation to clients for contempt of court actions, including those relating to failure to pay child support. As a divorce lawyer with over 30 years of experience, Patricia O’Neil is prepared to assist with even the most complex circumstances. As our sole attorney, she is deeply involved in each case, and she will work diligently to guide your case through the court system.

For help with your contempt of court concerns, contact us today. We return all calls promptly.

Experienced New Britain Child Support And Visitation Enforcement Lawyer

In Connecticut, contempt actions often result in a wage garnishment, for support matters and possible incarceration. It does not, however, relinquish the offending parent’s right to visitation, as the courts find these to be mutually exclusive. If the other party is found in contempt, it is even possible to ask the court for reimbursement to cover your attorney’s fees.

At our law firm, we will take the time to fully understand your situation, and work diligently and efficiently on a resolution. In addition to filing a contempt action, it is also possible to file for modifications of court orders, depending on your situation. This allows for a solution to the issue and gives the judge some decision options when deciding on your case.

Contact Us For A Free Initial Consultation

For a free initial consultation with an experienced Hartford contempt of court attorney, call us at 860-967-0839 or toll free at 866-942-5898. To send an email, please complete and submit the online form on our website. Our office hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. We accept all major credit cards.